Why you need SEO:
Sales experts agree that warm leads are easier to sell to. It’s better to invest time and money into generating warm leads than to spend your time prospecting, making cold calls, and attacking cold leads. The idea is to make people who want your services and/or products come to you.
At CWD, we believe it is the No.1 way to grow your business. 70% of our business comes from SEO, while the other 30% is from referrals and other methods.
You can use SEO to bring traffic to your web site for free (if you invest the time and energy to learn it and do it yourself) or for a nominal monthly fee if you outsource it. Most agencies charge per number of keyword phrases. Prices ranges from $500 to $2,500/month or more, usually with a one-time upfront setup fee for initial implementation.
You can appoint someone on your team to do SEO. However, it’s important they have the time to devote to the task. They also need to understand how to do it properly. The rules for SEO change frequently, because search engines like Google change the rules about how they rank web sites often.
Learning SEO is a moving target. What is true today may not be true tomorrow. Or, next month. And, certainly not next year. Search engines like Google and Bing set the rules. (And, if you are wondering about Yahoo its search engine is managed by Bing)
By using SEO, within 90 days, if not sooner, you’ll be getting a flow of free traffic from search engines to your web site. That’s if you execute properly.
Materials handling websites: SEO
Hiring an agency to do SEO for you:
A reputable SEO firm will do the following:
1) Identify keyword phrases for you and explain to you how and why this is important
2) Know the difference between responsible SEO practices and poor practices, such as keyword stuffing (explained in the next section)
3) Provide you with performance assessments that show results. You’ll know if your agency is doing well if you do a search using the phrases your company has provided and you find your company on the first page of Google and Bing.
4) Get you tons of business from the web!
SEO basics: What you need to know about SEO even if you outsource it
SEO strategy is broken down into three areas:
1. Keyword research
2. On-page optimization
These three magic concepts, when understood and applied, will start to produce free traffic from search engines to your web site.
To learn how to SEO your web site, order our free 60-page book: Digital Secrets for companies in Materials Handling. You’ll also received a ebook version. CLICK the button below: